Friday, December 12, 2008

WINNING STREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 in a ROW! It's craziness. My brother and me can't hardly believe it. Only 3 in a row? It should MUCH more. But the GRizz did it the right way. They did it with defense and scoring and hustle. Plus a good bit of old fashioned know-how mixed in with a little bit of elbow grease and perhaps a sprinkling of lady luck's lipstick. Or maybe it was eyeliner. Either way, they didn't need much. They certainly didn't need to go steady with lady luck. The team is much too strong to rely on nothing but luck. No, they really didn't need any luck with their mix of young talent and veteran savvy from players long since forgotten. But I remember how important Shane Battier and Eddie Jones were. They were the type of mentors that could lead a team to victory. Where's the veteran leadership going to come from on this team, though. Marc Gasol certainly looks tall but he's actually not that old. Hakim Warrick has a name from the old country, but he's actually not even 30. I remember how he played in college on that Orange Man team. I was crazy about Kansas that year! For my money, there's absolutely no better coach than Roy Williams, except for maybe Hubie Brooks. Now he had some veteran savvy. He's better on TV though than a lot of guys his age and younger. It's really all about the effort and these Grizz all get straight A's in that category. WEll done, guys. You deserve a break for your hard work, but your work's not finished yet by a long shot. Go beat TEAMS!

5 comments:

Mike said...

Hey, great site! It's hard here being in central Ill. w/o a chance to get som Grizz action!

I couldn't agree more with you about this hot streak. FACt: Nobody currently has a winning streak as big as the Grizz's three excetp for Boston and San Antonio and they're both really good (I really wish we could get David Stein to move San Antonio out of the South West Division. LOL!) And even though there is 1 other team witha 3 game winning streak (Denver...ugh), I think its clear that there's something different about our Grizz, which you do a very good job of describing.

Keep up the good work! Go Grizz!

Norman form Normal, Ill.

TDubbs said...

If they win one more in a row for their 4th win in a row, how many in a row will that be?

Unknown said...

Great QUESTION!? The answer is 4 and that's the magic word.

Norman, welcome to the site! you just made my list of friends that like the GRIZZ with all of their heart and I can tell that you're a true fan like me. I wish you could come over to my room when i was younger and play some NErf basketball with me. We'd be on the same team and everything and could pretnd to be the GRIZZ. It would be awesome. You cuold be Mayo and I'd be gAy! I hope you catch all my passes! haha

Mike said...

In used to love playing Nerf basketball!! LOL! My brother nad I used to have entire seasons mapped out, with schedules and whatnot. He wasn't allowed to go outside on account of his hemophelia, so one year--maybe like 1994--I swear we muts have played a full 82 game schedule.

If you're ever coming throgu Normal, Ill., let me know! Maybe we could catch a Grizz game on TV at one of the sports bars near campus (Ilinois State Univeristy).

And hey--4 ina row! Last night! i'm looking forward to you next post, Morgan G.!

In the meantime...

GO GRIZZ!

TDubbs said...

People liking people