Friday, September 5, 2008

Another Cool Tank Top

I would LOVE to get another Grizzly tank top, but I'm just not sure about the new styles. Also, if I get another one, then I'm going all out. That means a player's name and number on the back. For the life of me, though, I can't figure out which player to go with. Should I go with a classic GRIZZ player like Lorenzen Wright or a relative newbie like Kyle Lowry? Should I ignore the Vancouver years altogether? My heart says that I should, but, on the other hand, my heart also says I shouldn't. By process of elimination, I have to go with my heart and disqualify all Vancouver Grizzly players. So sorry, Big Country, Mike Bibby, and Sam Mack. I just didn't know you guys well enough. And I still don't. But I'd like to. As a point of fact, I bet us guys could hang out and have a pretty nice little time. Plus, our group would be racially diverse which is something that I strive for. I also thought about putting Rudy Gay's number and name on my tank top, but my brother talked me out of it. He said, "geez, Morg, why ya wanna go political? Can't we just keep all that between us and Uncle Pete?" No, brother, we can't. I SUPPORT Rudy Gay. I know some GRIZZ fans don't think he's a number one option, but I do. And I'm not going to hide those feelings. So, I WON'T not get a cool new tank top with Gay on the back to avoid some sort of arugement. But I'm still not going with Rudy. He left school early, and I don't support that. Stay 4 years, guys. It's called the old college try. I know that I certainly enjoyed my 4 years at Three Rivers Community College in Poplar Bluff, MO and there's nothing that I'm more proud of than my associate's degree from there. I just now glanced at it hanging up in my insurance office and a surge of pride overcame me. So, I went with the retro thing on my tank top and went with Shane BAttier because he spent four years in college, he's fundamentally sound, and he's half-white and half-black and that's the best of both worlds. And, if he ever comes back, then I'll be ready for him. I really hope he does, too, but that doesn't mean that I don't support the players on the team now. I do!
GO GRIZZ! Hitch up those shorts and BLOCK OUT!

5 comments:

TDubbs said...

Jason Williams

Unknown said...

Hello, friend, welcome to my blog. While I certainly enjoyed Jason' exploits, the fact that he left school early immediately takes him out of the running for my back. Besides, Chucky Atkins was probably my all-time favorite GRIZZ point guard!

RV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RV said...

How about Big Bob Archibald? He's friendly, Scottish, and he went to a non-directional state school for 4 years. Sure he only made 39% of his free throws for the Grizz but he probably had a heavy heart after being separated from his haggis and sheep for so long. And you can bet your britches that he boxed out just like Coach Hubie taught him.

TDubbs said...

Jayson Williams?