Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Day Lights

September 19, 2001

Dear Diary,

So the Grizz are going thru yet another September swoon. They lost one game in a row and people are FLIPPING OUT. Dad and UB call this the "dry season." I don't know why b/c it rained pretty hard two days ago. They say they always need more jelly, but mom goes to the grocery store almost twice a week. They must love sangwiches.
Anywho, D. Li grounded into his 2nd double play of the year in their loss last night. One person booed him. I was OUTRAGED!!!! I almost spit out my mangotini when I heard that hatred being spewed. I mean, these guys bust their hump every day to put on a show at the PAD for us. I know it's hard to deal with a loss, but come on guys, booing? Really? I almost, I repeat, almost, got upset when Fleed Jonstone only went 1-3 during the game. But you know what? He tried his darndest. Dad got upset too. I have never seen him like that before. He was getting all up in UB's face and saying things like "I'm gonna give it to you. Hard!" and "You're going in the back door and that's that!". He had to have been upset to not even want UB to use our front door, and it's not like dad just fixed it or anything. He only had drank 2 passionfruit/marmaladetinis, so I knew he wasn't too drunk. All UB could come back with was "Oh yeah? Oh yeah?". I hate it when the Grizz don't play well b/c it brings out the worst in people, including Dad and UB. I hope they got over their spat and kissed and made up.

2 comments:

Esther Blowing of Bangor ME said...

My betrothed, Wyatt, and his friend Lance were fighting during the Grizz game as well. They went into the other room, and later Wyatt told me they came to blows.

Unknown said...

My brother told me that the GRIZZ are thinking about trading Darko. Hasn't this kid been through enough? I say that they shouldn't do it. He's found a home with the GRIZZ and I, for one, love him. However, on the other hand, I understand that General Manager Wallace has to do what's best for the team, so I'll support his decision WHOLE HEARTEDLY!
But I may not like it!!!