Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Day Lights

This being Halloween, I'm taking the day off from writing about the lights. But Dubblins, you ask, how are you writing this. Well let's leave that to your imaginations. Needless to say, Halloween is a special time of year for me. I can't tell you how many times I've been dressed up (28) and how many times I've seen my daddy all dressed up (28) as a go go dancer. It's his favorite costume. He does look good in it. He really gets into it. He shaves his legs and everything. He always said Halloween was his favorite holiday of the year, even more so than Christmas and Flag Day. Weird. I'm not with him this year, which makes me sad. It's okay, though, because when I talked to him on the cellular phone today, he told me and him and Unkie were bobbing their heads and getting their sacks ready. Lucky them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For Halloween, my wife likes to get dressed up real nice and hit all the bars as a single woman. She really gets into it, too. One year, I came home from my brother's "All the Dudes Dress up as Lesbians and Do Stuff for Fake" Halloween party and found some sweaty young man getting dressed in our bedroom. I just kind of stood there for second and then my wife yelled "HALLOWEEN FOOLS!" Hahaha...it turns out that they were just tricking me. It was classic! I still see that young man every now and then. He has an afternoon paper route in our neighborhood. BIg GRIZZ fan!