Wednesday, October 8, 2008

GRIZZ Season Preview!

Well, the pre-season is FINALLY here after a long summer of waiting patiently. And it couldn't get here SOON ENOUGH FOR ME!

I just about went out of my mind. My brother said that I was sure annoying with all my pestering questions about how he thought the season was going to turn out (he thinks they won't make it past the first round of the playoffs, by the way). I told him the same thing I told you guys last year about this time. Talking about the GRIZZ with my online friends is all well and good, but sometimes I like to hear my brother talk about them to me in person and I like someone else to hear me talk, too.

I hope you guys don't take offense to that. You should know how much I cherish our online time together. Better friends, I've never had and I can't wait until we ALL have webchat capabilities! Technology is truly an amazing invention!

The GRIZZ won their first pre-season game against the Rockets. Well...they should've. They came up just short at the end. Every single one of the players played their hardest and that's all that we as GRIZZ fans can ask of them. After all, would you rather have a pre-season win or a regular season win? HA, trick question! They all count the same of course when you think about it.

It's all about satisfaction of playing the game the right way. It reminds me of a famous quote that I recall:

The pure joy of victory can encompass even the mightiest of hearts and make it grow with strength, power, and beauty which makes man (or woman) feel great joy and they can know that they did their best and the consequences of the game showed as much.

I forget who said that, but I will never forget what was said.

I like the GRIZZ chances this year!

GO GRIZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

TDubbs said...

The best part of the game was when Unkie took his shirt off and waved it over his head. Then my dad took his off and the repeatedly chest bumped for 3 minutes. They were pumped. And the cheerleaders must have been out there b/c they kept talking about how they had megaraging boners.

Unknown said...

Me and my brother like to take our shirts off at home and paint words over our chest and stuff while we watch the GRIZZ on the television set. Sometimes my nipples get a little agitated and one time the left one bled pretty bad. That won't stop me, though.

A true fan understands.