Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Felix's Top Ten Reasons to be a Grizzlies Fan (5-2)

5.) Brent Bonely and Lonnie Jasper. Scully, Buck, Caray (Harry), & Jasper. I can imagine all these old-timers calling the games up beyond the pearly gates of heaven. Jasper's calls fill my studio in Bridgeport wonderfully as I can usually never make it out to the ballpark. The best thing about Jasper is the guidance he gives Bonely. While he still may be an anxious pup, Bonely is on his way to be a great. He just needs to cut that facial hair.

4.) Grilled Pineapple Wraps and Appletinis. I used to drive out to the Pad often throughout the summer, bask all day in the seemingly endless mirage of asphalt pavement and work on my tan. The smell of Pineapples and Apples would fill the massive parking lot as Shenanagins would open for the day. I would anxiously wait until my father would give me clearance to start running towards the gates.

3.) Advertisements. Baseball is such a boring game, that it is nice to have interactive advertisements littering the stadium. From beer to electrical contractors I can find it all at SFM Field. I especially enjoyed the notion of painting all the bases green to allow them to superimpose advertisements on TV.

2.) Tradition. While the GRIZZ truly have become a powerhouse of their own right this year. It's hard to forget all the great GRIZZ traditions that are celebrated. Singing of the Seventh Inning stretch was boring, replacing it with the song of the year (this year, Quad City DJs) has really spruced the place up. I also enjoy the Lil' Wayne remix of "Go Cubs Go."

7 comments:

Wolter said...

"Go Grizz Go!
Go Grizz Go!
Hey Chicago, what do you think?
The boys are Bleeding Grizzly Pink!"

Code Red said...

I leave the internet for two months and come back to this. I dare not leave again.

Apex said...

They got the powder, they got the speed
To tweak the most in the national league.
Well this is the year and the Grizz got hope.
So come on down and cop some dope.

Esther Blowing of Bangor ME said...

I just love the Grizz so much!

I love to go down to SFM Field and help lead the team to another great win!

I'm their good-luck charm! I've even heard some of the Grizzlies call me "Slumpbuster"!!!

Bleed Grizzly Pink!

TDubbs said...

I remember back in the day when my daddy would take me to some games at the PAD. He'd grab a couple of cocktails for him and his buddy Uncle Bruce. See, Bruce wasn't really my uncle, but I called him Uncle Bruce. He was always around with me and my dad. Fishing, swimming, sleepovers. It was so much fun. They'd drink mangotinis until they could hardly stand. Then when it was time for the game to start, I'd be so excited, I'd hardly notice that they went to the bathroom for the first three innings. Daddy always walked bow-legged.

Felix Heredia said...

I wish I knew how to quit Uncle Bruce

Unknown said...

I had some crazy mixed-up dreams last night, guys, which led to a fitful sleep full of tosses and turns and being startled awake numerous times throughout the night. It sure wasn't a good night's sleep and today I'm plum tuckered out.

(Please pardon my French)

Go GRIZZ!