Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Grizzhead?

I just got a mysterious email from a man who referred to himself as "J.M" requesting to join BGP as a contributor. Now, BGP is a pretty exclusive group of Grizzly Fanatics that share a common goal of promoting the Grizz fan lifestyle, but I am intrigued. The letter reads as follows:

Good Morning Sir or Madam,

I am a longtime fan of your blog, despite being a Major Player in the Legitimate Sports Media Field. I just left an influential position as a writer for a prominent Boise newspaper covering the White Sox (for political reasons best left unsaid, but suffice to say Larry Craig isn't the only man in the state with a wide stance), and would love to bring my PROVOCATIVE, INSIGHTFUL style to your blog.


I have been an occasional fixture on CABLE SPORTS, and am a frequent (indirect) contributor to Fire Joe Morgan. I think I would add a cachet of NATIONAL INTEREST to your little internet operation.


If you are interested, please contact me (SOON) at guillenisajerk@suntimes.com. Also, if you have a couch or day bed or know of any bath houses I can crash at until I get a place in Chicago, I would be so grateful.



Thanks,

J.M.


Well, I'm not ever remotely sure who this guy is, but I'm tempted to see how this works out. Any advice, fellow Grizzsters?

4 comments:

RV said...

Be careful, this could be a prank! Like the time that our lovable radio play by play man Hugh Pats, hid Don Manto's arms in Derrick Li's locker. The whole team had a hearty chuckle at that one!

Wolter said...

I'm not even sure who this could be? Are there any well known columnists that just left their jobs?

I might have to shoot this fellow an email.

geek19 said...

I say give him a chance for a few columns here and if he sucks, punt him off the site.

morpheus said...

My advice? Ask him how he feels about the Boise White Sox.